Saturday 22 December 2012

Free The Sims Social Love (December 22, 2012)

Returning player about to quit again over timed quests, please read my story


Hello! I started playing TSS when it first came out, and completely loved the game. I only stopped playing because I was one of the bugged players who could not log in for the longest time, which distanced me from it and I eventually stopped trying. However I have a few friends who still play it, and after seeing their TSS posts for months, I decided to see if the bugs had been finally fixed.


They were! I could play again! I was pretty excited and spent at least two hours dragging stuff out of my storage and moving rooms around and looking at all the new stuff. Eventually I noticed that several things in the shop were labelled as “Free”. Not only that, but they looked like large, complicated, cash coin items! Yay! I quickly dragged every single free item out of the shop and into my yard.


But…wait, what’s this? That’s not a BBQ stand, that’s a piece of wood. That’s not a zen garden, that’s a pile of sand! Ohhhh, I have to build it using a combination of items sent from friends, items found while skilling, and energy. I get it! Yay, something to do!


Fast forward a week to where I lost ALL THIRTEEN BONUS ITEMS FOR NOT COMPLETING ON TIME BECAUSE THERE WAS ZERO WARNING ABOUT THE TIME LIMIT BEFORE I GOT THEM OUT OF THE SHOP.


I suppose I could have bought all the pieces from the store, but we are literally talking about at LEAST $ 50 worth of Simcash, and it was my first day back when I got the stuff out and started the quests.


Do you really want returning and new players to right away be faced with a decision of “give us $ 50 or more or you may as well not play our game because almost 20 really cool things will be immediately taken away from you and you can’t get them ever again.”


Is that a smart business decision? I’m a business major in my last year of school and this definitely has me scratching my head. What bonehead Playfish employee implemented this like that? Surely it can’t have been anyone at all familiar with customer retention…?


So now, unless you somehow make it possible to get those items again, I am probably going to stop playing. I actually did spend $ 20 so that I could finish the extra garden plot and yacht on time, so that’s $ 20 wasted and even more money you won’t be receiving from me in the future. Good job, team.


 


 


291802 324500087664391 504959246 n 300x300 Free The Sims Social Love (December 22, 2012)


FREE Love! >>> http://bit.ly/T44p18

No comments:

Post a Comment